Monday, December 28, 2009

Post Christmas Post

I am not a fan of the Christmas holiday. I just want to get that out in the open. It isn't anything about the meaning of the holiday, because I think that is very important. What my dislike stems from is people. I dislike people. Wait, strike that... I hate stupid people. Some may say that I am in the wrong profession for that. All I can say is that my job right now is not a profession. Back to the point, people have their priorities screwed up. When JCPenney opens at 5 a.m. on Dec. 26th and someone shows up to the store at 5 a.m., there is a problem. I am a fan of saving money and good deals, but not that early in the morning. I would rather spend the extra $3.00 and sleep in or spend time with my family than wake up then in order to save a little money or be the first in line to return something (by the way, a lady made a catalog return at 6:27 a.m. What up is with that?). Christmas music is another thing I despise about the holiday, not only the fact that stores insist on playing it the day after Halloween, but also that 90 percent of musicians feel like they have to punish us with their take on "O' Holy Night" or other horrible versions of Christmas-pseudo-classics. Makes me sick! When this crap is what Christmas is all about, my gut tells me to "Back away, not today, Disco Lad-ay."

No comments:

Post a Comment